How to Change Bar Tape with BMC Racing Team
Ever wondered how to change handlebar tape like a pro mechanic?
Watch our video with BMC Racing Team mechanic, Mario Ghyselinck, and 3T, below to find out some tips and tricks of the trade...
Top Tips to Remember
- Start at the bottom of the drop in the handlebar and wrap with a bit of overhang in the tape that you can tuck in later.
- Keep the tape taut and continue to maintain tension by pulling as you wrap.
- Try to wrap so that each one overlaps a third of the width of the wrap before.
- Use a 'figure of eight' pattern to wrap around the hoods, crossing up and around the lever and then back and below.
- When you’re ready to finish, cut the tape at an angle, around 45 degrees, to allow for a clean and flat edge.