Shimano E-8000: A powerful drive unit made with mountain biking in mind. The Shimano E-8000 provides strong, yet sensitive support while facilitating true mountain bike geometry.
Integrated Speed Sensor: Hidden in the rearstay and disc for a clean look and accurate speed measurement.
Twin Hollow-core Tube Design: Hides the battery pack in the downtube while supporting a stiff front triangle.
E-Specific Linkage System: Strong and oversized, for durability and a precise riding feel. E-Specific Advanced Pivot System (APS): An efficient, durable suspension system with an e-MTB tune that blends your power with that of the bike.
E-Specific Geo Concept: Adjusted to the needs of an e-mountainbiker, to provide the full all-mountain experience.
Advanced Pivot SystemNo compromises - APS suspension technology allows you to pedal hard, brake fast, and soak up bumps without compromise.More Information
- FrameTrailfox AMP - Advanced Pivot System
- TubingCarbon (F), Al-13 Triple-butted aluminum (R), integrated battery pack
- SizeS / M / L
- Drive unitShimano STEPS MTB E-8000, 250W, 70Nm output
- Battery packShimano STEPS MTB E-8020, 500Wh, integrated
- ForkFox Float 36, Performance, GRIP, S-Ped, Boost (150mm)
- Rear ShockFox Float DPS, Perfomance, Evol, (150mm)
- ChainwheelShimano FC-E8000, 34T
- CassetteShimano SLX, 11-46T
- ChainShimano CN-HG601
- Front Derailleur-
- Rear DerailleurShimano XT, Shadow Plus
- Control SwitchShimano SW-E8000-L Firebolt
- ShifterShimano XT
- BrakesMagura MT5 (200/200)
- HandlebarBMC MRB 02, 780mm
- StemBMC AMSM 02
- SeatpostRaceFace Aeffect Dropper 150mm **
- SeatWTB Volt Race
- HubsDT Swiss H1700 Spline
- RimsDT Swiss H700 Spline 35
- TyresMaxxis HR II Exo 27,5x2,8 (F), Maxxis Rekon Silkworm 27,5x2,8 (R)
- ColourGrey / Orange
- InfosThe Trailfox AMP is available to order in Europe only, until early 2018.
|Seat tube st mm||400||440||480|
|Top tube tt‘ mm||573||616||645|
|Head tube ht mm||91||103||118|
|Seat angle sa °||74||74||74|
|Head angle ha °||66||66||66|
|Rear center rc mm||445||445||445|
|Front center fc mm||715||760||791|
|Wheelbase wb mm||1162||1207||1238|
|BB drop mm||17||17||17|
|Fork length fl mm||561||561||561|
|Fork rake fr mm||51||51||51|
|Crank length mm||170||170||170|
|Stem length mm||50||50||50|
|Bar width mm||780||780||780|
|Bar rise mm||20||20||20|
|Post length mm||125x375||150x440||150x440|
|Stand over height mm||745||730||771|
E-MTB Specific Geometry
Our Impec Lab engineered the Trailfox AMP’s new frame from the ground up to keep the long-reach and short-chainstay feel of our contemporary Trailfox geometry.
We designed the frame to take advantage of a lower center of gravity typical of e-MTB’s and the specific way they are ridden. We slightly raised the bottom bracket but held on to the slack head-angle, plush travel and agility of an all-mountain ride. With Shimano’s E-8000 Steps we were able to implement short chain-stays for a snappier ride feel preservation of a standard mtb Q-factor.
APS – Advanced Pivot System
Trailfox AMP’s tailored kinematics, pivot placement, leverage ratios, and shock dimensions bring all-mountain manners to ane-MTB. Delivering a smooth ride so you are prepared for what’s beyond the berm. The best suspension designs provide control and confidence – so you can ride without hesitation. The same unified rear triangleas our other APS designs, with two oversized links, create a strong, durable rear end that delivers rider comfort and excellent control. Its stiff pedaling platform, and active suspension, deliver efficient, smooth operation both up and down – without evercompromising fun-factor.
Twin Hollow-core Technology
How do you create a stiff frame that holds a battery and drive unit, yet still performs like a world-class mountain bike? The Trailfox AMP’s innovative new Twin Hollow Tube Technologyincreases overall frame stiffness – critical on a heavier bike with additional components such as a drive unit. Twin Hollow-coretube shapes also allow us to integrate components, protecting them from wear and tear. And last but definitely not least – they let us adhere to the design principles we are famous for. The Trailfox AMP doesn’t compete for attention – it commands it.
- Frame: Trailfox AMP - Carbon (F), Al-13 Triple-butted aluminum (R) - 150mm
- Frame Technology: Advanced Pivot System, Twin Hollowcore Tube Design
- Sizes: S / M / L
- Frame: Integrated Battery Pack, Internal Cable Management, Drive Unit nested in the frame, Integrated Speed Sensor
- Frame: X-12 Boost Axle - 148x12/12 Standard
- Fork: E-Specific
- Seatpost: 31.6mm
- Brakes: Postmount 180/200mm
- Tires: 27.5"+ max. Tire width 75mm (6mm clearance)