- alpenchallenge AC01 aluminium
- alpenchallenge AC01, aluminum
- Shimano Sora
- Shimano M396, RT30 Rotors
- Shimano M4050, Alex ATD490
- 10.20 kg
More agile – While the chainstays are as short as those on the granfondo GF01, they offer more tire clearance and enough space to mount fenders.
City Kit lighting – The BMC City Kit lighting from Sparse significantly increases your visibility at night and is likely still to be attached to your bike after being locked outside all day thanks to its practical semipermanent attachment to the steerer tube and seatpost. These lights enhance the look of the alpenchallenge and can easily be recharged through a USB port.
City Kit fenders – The BMC City Kit fenders from Curana are visually and functionally integrated into the new alpenchallenge AC01. They provide full-coverage protection, and offer an innovative quick-connect technology which allows the installation or removal of the fenders in less than a minute. These fenders are compatible with all 2014 alpenchallenge AC01 models and sizes.
City Kit security – In collaboration with ixow, we offer a smart security solution. Secured by the force of gravity, when locked in an upright position the BMC City Kit security prevents thieves from quickly removing wheels and seat post. The security option is available in black with separate kits for bikes with either a rear derailleur or internal gear hub drivetrains.
- Framealpenchallenge AC01
- Tubingtriple butted aluminium
- SizeS / M / L / XL
- Forkalpenchallenge AC01, aluminum
- Rear Shock-
- ChainwheelShimano Sora 3550, 50-34T
- CassetteShimano HG50-9, 11-32
- ChainKMC HG53
- Front DerailleurShimano Sora 3500-F
- Rear DerailleurShimano Sora 3500-GS
- ShifterShimano Sora 3500, Rapidfire Plus
- BrakesShimano M396, RT30 Rotors
- HandlebarBMC LFB03
- StemBMC LSM03
- SeatpostBMC LSP03
- SeatSelle Royal Sirio
- HubsShimano M4050
- RimsAlex Rims ATD490
- TyresConti Sport Contact II, 700x32c
- Weight10.20 kg
|Rider height cm||<162||165-180||178-190||>188|
|Seat tube st mm||440||485||515||560|
|Top tube tt‘ mm||547||575||590||617|
|Head tube ht mm||100||140||160||200|
|Seat angle sa °||73.5||73.5||73.5||73.5|
|Head angle ha °||72||72||72||72|
|Rear center rc mm||412||412||412||412|
|Front center fc mm||591||620||635||663|
|Wheelbase wb mm||992||1022||1037||1075|
|BB drop mm||71||71||71||71|
|Fork length fl mm||400||400||400||400|
|Fork rake fr mm||45||45||45||45|
|Crank length mm||170||170||175||175|
|Stem length mm||90||100||110||120|
|Stem angle °||12 / 17 (3T)||12 / 17 (3T)||12 / 17 (3T)||12 / 17 (3T)|
|Bar width mm||600/640 (3T)||600/640 (3T)||600/640 (3T)||600/640 (3T)|
|Post length mm||350||350||350||350|
|Post offset mm||15||15||15||15|
Technology and innovations from our rapid road bikes can easily be seen in the new design. We incorporated aero advantages from our timemachine models and integrated the benefits of angle compliance from our granfondo designs.
We designed a cut-away shape into the seat tube for more than an aerodynamic advantage. It also allowed us to match the 412 mm chain stays of our granfondo GF01, while at the same time creating clearance for fenders and wider tires, resulting in road responsiveness with urban utility.
Our carbon and aluminum forks were designed in conjunction with the frame, and dimensioned specifically for our ideal fender, tire and wheel sizes. We minimized the fork length, steepened the frame’s head angle and optimized the fork’s trail dimension to achieve quicker steering while retaining confidence-inspiring stability.
By careful design and material selection, our engineers reduced frame weight by over 500 grams compared to the previous generation. At the same time, lateral and torsional stiffness also increased, resulting in a far more efficient chassis.
Proprietary Curana fenders can be installed or removed in seconds, allowing riders to change faster than the weather. Aftermarket fenders can be bolted directly to the frame and fork, eliminating noisy, heavy adaptors.
- Triple-butted aluminum tubing
- Hidden mounting points for fenders
- Optimized for faster connection using the BMC City Kit
- Designed for direct mounting of aftermarket fenders, eliminating heavy, noisy adaptors
- Dedicated to 700c wheels, optimized for tires 28 to 32 mm wide
- Angle compliance rear triangle design
- Postmount disc brake attachment for 160 mm rotors
- Round 31.6 mm seatpost
- Frame weight 1550 g
- Full carbon construction for X1 specification
- Air-formed aluminum construction for Shimano 105 and Sora specifications
- Hidden mounting points for fenders
- BSA threaded
Tapered head tube
- 1–1/8" to 1–1/2"
Internal cable routing
- 4 sizes: S/M/L/XL (details see geometry chart)
BMC City Kit - Optional accessories designed to protect both riders and their alpenchallenges
- Proprietary, fast-connecting fenders by Curana
- Fixed, LED/LiPo/USB lights by Sparse
- Antitheft bolts for wheels and cockpit by ixow