alpenchallenge AC01 IGH
- alpenchallenge AC01 IGH
- alpenchallenge AC01, aluminum
- Shimano Alfine 8, 8 speed Gates CenterTrack
- Shimano M506/M447, RT54 rotors 160/160
- Shimano Alfine 8, DT SWISS R522D
The BMC City Kit fenders from Curana are visually and functionally integrated into the new alpenchallenge AC01. They provide full-coverage protection, and offer an innovative quickconnect technology which allows the installation or removal of the fenders in less than a minute.
The Gates belt drive system looks amazing and is incredibly low maintanence.
The AC01 carbon fork brings a comfortable ride, clean aesthetics and brilliant steering.
The AC01 IGH models use an eccentric bottom bracket to accommodate the Gates belt drive.
- Framealpenchallenge AC01 IGH
- Tubingtriple butted aluminum
- SizeS / M / L / XL
- Forkalpenchallenge AC01, aluminum
- Rear Shock-
- Gears8 speed
- ChainwheelGates CenterTrack CDN-CT, 55
- CassetteGates CDN-CT SureFit, 24
- ChainGates CDN-CT, 115
- Front Derailleur-
- Rear Derailleur-
- ShifterShimano Alfine 8, Rapidfire Plus
- BrakesShimano M506/M447, RT54 rotors 160/160
- HandlebarBMC LFB 03
- StemBMC LSM 03
- SeatpostBMC LSP 02
- SeatSelle Royal Sirio
- HubsShimano Alfine 8 & M629
- RimsDT SWISS R522D
- TyresConti Sport Contact II, 700x28c
|Seat tube st mm||440||485||515||560|
|Top tube tt‘ mm||547||575||590||617|
|Head tube ht mm||100||140||160||200|
|Seat angle sa °||73.5||73.5||73.5||73.5|
|Head angle ha °||72||72||72||72|
|Rear center rc mm||412||412||412||412|
|Front center fc mm||591||620||635||663|
|Wheelbase wb mm||992||1022||1037||1075|
|BB drop mm||71 +/-5||71 +/-5||71 +/-5||71 +/-5|
|Fork length fl mm||400||400||400||400|
|Fork rake fr mm||45||45||45||45|
|Crank length mm||170||170||175||175|
|Stem length mm||90||100||110||120|
|Stem angle °||±12||±12||±12||±12|
|Bar width mm||600||600||600||600|
|Post length mm||350||350||350||350|
|Post offset mm||15||15||15||15|
Technology and innovations from our rapid road bikes can easily be seen in the new design. We incorporated aero advantages from our timemachine models and integrated the benefits of angle compliance from our granfondo designs.
We designed a cut-away shape into the seat tube for more than an aerodynamic advantage. It also allowed us to match the 412 mm chain stays of our granfondo GF01, while at the same time creating clearance for fenders and wider tires, resulting in road responsiveness with urban utility.
Our carbon and aluminum forks were designed in conjunction with the frame, and dimensioned specifically for our ideal fender, tire and wheel sizes. We minimized the fork length, steepened the frame’s head angle and optimized the fork's trail dimension to achieve quicker steering while retaining confidence-inspiring stability.
By careful design and material selection, our engineers reduced frame weight by over 500 grams compared to the previous generation. At the same time, lateral and torsional stiffness also increased, resulting in a far more efficient chassis.
Proprietary Curana fenders can be installed or removed in seconds, allowing riders to change faster than the weather. Aftermarket fenders can be bolted directly to the frame and fork, eliminating noisy, heavy adaptors.
- Triple-butted aluminum tubing
- Hidden mounting points for fenders
- Optimized for faster connection using the BMC City Kit
- Designed for direct mounting of aftermarket fenders, eliminating heavy, noisy adaptors
- Dedicated to 700c wheels, optimized for tires 28 to 32 mm wide
- Angle compliance rear triangle design
- Postmount disc brake attachment for 160 mm rotors
- Round 31.6 mm seatpost
- Frame weight 1550 g
- Full carbon construction for Alfine 11 specifications
- Air-formed aluminum construction for Alfine 8 specifications
- Hidden mounting points for fenders
- BSA threaded bottom bracket
Tapered head tube
- 1–1/8" to 1–1/2"
Internal cable routing
- 4 sizes: S / M / L / XL (details see geometry chart)
BMC City Kit - Optional accessories designed to protect both riders and their alpenchallenges
- Proprietary, fast-connecting fenders by Curana
- Fixed, aluminum, LED/LiPo/USB lights by Sparse
- Antitheft bolts for wheels and cockpit by ixow